“Over-planning kills magic.”
If that resonates with you, the job below is probably not the right fit. If, however, you believe that magic and planning can coexist; if you know it takes hard work to create a great experience; if spreadsheets set your heart aflutter; and if you like to be really, really busy, read on.
At Jack.org, we’re working with a vast network of young leaders to revolutionize mental health in Canada. Our programs are growing fast, and our fundraising team is right there making sure we have the dollars to support our big plans. One way we do this is by running events – fun, memorable, beautifully executed events. We’ll be doing more of these than ever next year, so we’re hiring a Major Events Coordinator to help!
What’s in it for you?
- A full-time, permanent position with a high-performing, cause-focused organization (start date August 20, 2018; $37,500 - $42,500 per annum)
- A comprehensive benefits package
- A fun and challenging environment – you’ll be getting great experience handling events, supporting volunteers, and learning about fundraising
- Meaningful work within an organization that supports professional growth and development
- A chance to help make a difference in the mental health landscape and improve the well-being of young people across Canada
Your job would be to:
- Assist on all aspects of Jack.org’s major fundraising event (Jack Ride) including logistics, communications, rider fundraising, sponsor inclusion and stewardship
- Assist in the development and expansion of two signature events (Brainfreeze, Everesting) and any other event opportunities that arise
- Oversee all internal major donor events
- Lead event specific vendor relationships
- Lend support across the organization, wherever else necessary
What we’re looking for:
- Event and/or fundraising experience is a big plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superior written and verbal communication
- Proven relationship management skills
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Maturity and sound judgment, and a comfort with taking criticism and direction
- Willingness to always lend a hand wherever necessary and a great attitude
- Salesforce and Adobe Suite experience would be a bonus!
If you’re the person we’re looking for, please submit a resume and a cover letter of no more than one page to email@example.com by July 13, 2018. Please be sure to include MAJOR EVENTS COORDINATOR APPLICATION in the subject line of the email, and bonus points if you include a quote or saying that does resonate with you.
Applications will be considered as they come in.
Jack.org is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve to apply to join our team.
Thanks for applying!